North Central Community Action Team
In October of 2019, LUK was awarded the five-year Strategic Prevention Framework – Partnerships for Success Grant through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). LUK will create the North Central Community Action Team (NCCAT) in partnership with the Community Health Network Area (CHNA9) to prevent alcohol, marijuana, and nicotine use among youth ages 9-20. The CHNA9 service area includes 24 towns and 3 small cities (Fitchburg, Gardner, and Leominster), with a total population of 270,652.
During Fall 2020, LUK will be offering virtual workshops for parents and youth. To view flyers, click on the links below:
Full-time LUK staff will:
- Engage in community asset mapping and needs assessments.
- Help communities secure more resources, build their capacity, and connect with services provided at LUK and other treatment facilities.
- Empower youth voice through discussion groups, workshops, and youth action boards.
- Provide opportunities for youth to organize and implement prevention programming through mini-grants.
- Ensure that the diversity of communities is supported, uplifted, and gleaned in outreach efforts.
- Support community coalitions in their prevention work and collaborate on initiatives.
- Be trained in evidence-based prevention curricula, train school personnel, and help middle and high schools implement curricula.
- Work with organizations that serve youth to provide prevention programming.
- Engage parents in workshops and prevention curricula and assist them in securing resources.
- Help communities advocate for policy change on a local and state level.
- Create and implement social marketing campaigns directed toward youth & parents/caregivers.
- Assist with data collection and evaluation of programming and goal attainment.
North Central Community Action Team (NCCAT)
c/o LUK, Inc.
545 Westminster Street
Fitchburg MA 01420