For Business Owners
- The LUK Mentoring Program appreciates the support of the business community. We would be happy to present the program to employees as an opportunity to volunteer as a positive role model. Businesses are also welcome to support our fundraising efforts by riding or contributing to the LUK Rodman Ride for Kids team, which is a non-competitive bicycle ride that takes place in September. Sponsorship and donation opportunities are available to help support our Kids at Heart Mentoring Gala which is held in February and includes both live and silent auctions. Becoming a member of the Mentoring Advisory Board is another way that businesses can get involved. For more information please visit LUK.org/Mentoring or call 800-579-0000 and ask for Mentoring staff.
- Community Forums are held throughout the year on a variety of topics, including youth substance use prevention, relevant legislation changes, especially regarding tobacco, alcohol, and other substances.
- Social Host Liability training and education involves educating parents and community members about the potential legal consequences of providing youth with alcohol. Discussions include alternative substance-free activities for youth.
- The LUK prevention team seeks to provide education and skills to parents (and other adults in the community) to help youth make safe and healthy choices by avoiding substance use.
- Help influence policies and procedures regarding underage drinking prevention in your community. This may include compliance checks, local zoning laws or bylaws, and signage.
Please visit our Resources page for more information.
For Restaurants/Package Stores
TIPS Training may be available in your area.